Monday 3 March 2008

Day 4 Salzburg ---> Vienna

I am leaving for Vienna in 2 hours, returning to a "real" world... where there are friends, colleagues and a job to do. Not that I don't like the company of people or to be gainfully employed, but the lonely footsteps and the silent breath have their unique charms; quite addictive at times. Spending a weekend alone in Salzburg and indulge in solitude, that was a great thing to do.



I haven't shown you where I put up for the last 3 days. Hotel Weisse Taube (Hotel White Dove) located in the old town. This was a resident house in the 14th century and restored into a hotel. The location is great, it is near everywhere... museum, cathedral, churches, shopping street and of course the Fortress which is so near but far.


My dove nest. Small but cosy and with a private bathroom.


Daily breakfast included in the price of room. I stuffed myself nuts with breakfast so that I can skip lunch. Save time and money.


I struggled with my luggage today. Although I was very lean on shopping, I probably have still bought one thing too many to fit into my suitcase (which was already stuffed full when I came). But the Mozart Kugel, (I hate them because of the Marzipan inside), the authentic version from the original confectionery, how can I not bring them home for you?

No comments: