Thursday 22 January 2009

Our new big brother

So, the US President's inauguration is now passé. 2 days later, the world is pretty much the same.

The soaring viewership of the inauguration ceremony suggests that the world are all eyes on our new big brother, one who claims that he and his country are ready to lead once more.

Good.

Let us remind ourselves that making empty promises is not the vice of a white man only. The blacks, the reds and the yellows are equally capable of the same misdeeds. As PM Putin has said, the biggest disappointment is derived from big expectation. Call me "the cynics" by all means; prove me wrong and earn your respect.

At the end of the day, it is not an earth moving speech that will change the world, but the actions behind those words that will determine how history will remember this man. And even though the colour of his skin marks significance today, it is the content of what lies within that will (or will not) earn him greatness.

As far as I am concerned, all these excitment and celebrations are prematured. But if there should be one reason to celebrate, it is that we can finally say bye-bye to Mr Bush!

He'll never feel lonely, never be forgotten, with all the songs written about him.



No More Sorrow

Are you lost
In your lies
Do you tell yourself I don't realize

Your crusade's a disguise
Replace freedom with fear
You trade money for lives

I'm aware of what you've done

No more sorrow
I've paid for your mistakes
Your time is borrowed
Your time has come to be replaced

I see pain
I see need
I see liars and thieves
Abuse power with greed

I had hope
I believed
But I'm beginning to think that I've been deceived

You will pay for what you've done

Thieves and hypocrites
Thieves and hypocrites
Thieves and hypocrites

Your time has come to be replaced
Your time has come to be erased

No comments: