Wednesday 11 June 2008

London after 4 days

I never knew that Big Ben, the grandfather of all clocks, looks so magnificent and grand when seeing it close up from beneath.



I've never thought that one day, I would be standing in front of Buckingham Palace, watching the London Taxis sprinting by.



Of course I wouldn't have imagined that I would be singing "Dancing Queen" outside Buckingham Palace, as the Royal Band played those favourite tunes from ABBA.



And weeping as Fontine died at Queen's Theatre....



I guess I will never see the foggy and cold London that everyone tells me about. The sun has been so harsh lately that I have acquired a nice tan just after my 4th day here.



Stonehenge was great. The vastness of space and the quiet serenity make it easy to lose oneself in the mystery behind these ancient rocks. The ravens gathering around add a touch of creepiness to the place. If you listen carefully to the sound of the wind, you may hear a story, a legend maybe, of how it all begins.



Not forgetting the famous Chinatown and a sumptuous Chinese meal, the UK way (see all the classic Chinese dishes that the ang mohs like? Egg fried rice, sweet & sour pork, black bean chicken....)



And wherever you are in the world, things are quite the same. Someone just can't read the sign...





No comments: