Tuesday 31 July 2007

Celebrating 31 July, last day of July

Today is the last day of July and tomorrow shall be August; but what is the occasion for celebration? Well, don't people generally make a great deal about the endings (and also beginnings of things)? Examples are closing ceremony, 大结局,funeral, closing down sale......

If I really have to find a reason why today is special to me, I guess it is the first 31st July in 7 years that I did not have to worry about if I will be able to get off work on time. No more long list of outstanding accounts to be signed, no more stand-bys to see the bosses. The only thing that remains the same is probably the nerve racking traffic outside Telok Ayer Street which still bothers me as much as in the past.

Since this is a special day, I shall celebrate it by having a "carbo-fested" dinner tonight. French fries it shall be, the "poison" of person on diet!

Before I even realised it, 7 months have passed in the year of 2007. In the remaining 5 months of the year, let us all resolve to be dilligent and disciplined and to make each day counts.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You have a great blog. Keep up the good work.

Nobody said...

Thank you! Please come back again.