Sunday 9 September 2007

Petronas Twin Towers In Kuala Lumpur

The Petronas Twin Towers by day and by night!



Not the first time that I've been to the twin towers, but each time that I'm there, they will never fail to impress me. The sheer size of the buildings is already magnificent, not to mention that they were once the tallest buildings in the world (the twin towers are now second to Taipei 101 building in terms of height). There are a total of 88 storeys and the height from ground to top floor is 375 metres.



The tenants of the twin towers consist of the Malaysian petroleum company (Petronas) and several big US brand names such as IBM, Microsoft, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc. Hmmm such a profile seems the idea target for Muslim terrorist activities. It is no wonder that there was a bomb threat on 12 Sep 2001 (turned out to be a scam) just one day after 911 in New York.















I have never knew the Petronas Twin Towers can be this beautiful by night. Look at how the towers are illuminated... they look like brightly lit torches from afar, showing the way to lost travellers in the mysterious dark night.


I still did not manage to go up to the Skyway (bridge connecting the 2 towers on 41 and 42 storey) after the 2nd attempt. There is only a limited 1,300 tickets available each day and they would be fully distributed by 10am usually. I have been advised that I should start queueing for the tickets (which are free) at 8.30am, half an hour before the Skyway is open to the first visitor for the day. I just have to try harder next time!

No comments: